Join us to hear about Power7 and Linux with Joel Schopp.
Anthony Liguori joins us to talk about about QEMU which is of course an important component to being able to run virtual machines on Linux.
Bob Sisk joins us to talk about IBM’s contributions to Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.4.
Welcome to the new Linux Technology Center Podcast site. Located here you’ll find the audio/video/screencast/text blogs of some members of the IBM Linux Technology Center.
Ingolf talks about the technical highlights of IBM contributions to Novell’s SLES 10 SP2
Embedded 4xx PowerPC Linux Kernel maintainer Josh Boyer discusses activity in the embedded linux space.
- Embedded Linux kernel mailing list at http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-embedded
- Embedded and powerpc developers lists at http://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo
- Embedded PowerPC info at http://penguinppc.org/embedded/
Chris gives an intro to WBEM, sblim and other system management tools for Linux and other OSes.
- SBLIM home page at http://sblim.wiki.sourceforge.net
- Open Pegasus at http://openpegasus.org
- WBEM from Python at http:://pywbem.sourceforge.net
- WS-MAN information at http://openwsman.org
The Enterprise Cryptographic File System is discussed with Mike Halcrow.
- eCryptFS home page at http://ecryptfs.sourceforge.net/
- LinuxJournal article at http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9400
IBM contributions to the recently released Red Hat Enterprise 5.2 are discussed with Emily Ratliff.
- Redhat press release at http://www.press.redhat.com/2008/05/21/red-hat-enterprise-linux-52/
- lwn.net article at http://lwn.net/Articles/283564/
OpenSim is an open source implementation of Linden Lab’s Second Life. Hear all about it with one of the developers, Sean Dague.
OpenSim project at http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Main_Page